This is the COST Action grant CA21105 entitled:
Blastocystis under One Health (OneHealth Blastocystis)
The COST action “Blastocystis under One Health (CA21105)” was conceptualized to bring together experts from various fields to:
- Support advancement of Blastocystis research by bringing together professionals from various disciplines and countries;
- Foster information sharing on current methodologies, especially in the areas of subtyping, host-Blastocystis-microbiome interactions and Blastocystis-omics;
- Promote capacity building via a transdisciplinary network of international collaboration;
- Open avenues of communication with veterinarians, physicians and general public.
By the end of this Action, participants will be able to:
- Apply state-of-the-art tools for molecular identification of Blastocystis;
- Harmonise methodologies for subtyping Blastocystis and identifying its role within the gut;
- View Blastocystis under One Health approach;
- Generate novel hypotheses to test role of Blastocystis in the gut ecosystem, health and disease.